Steve Marcus got his first camera when he was 10-years-old. He worked for the Arizona Daily Sun in Flagstaff, Arizona before coming to the Las Vegas Sun in 1993. He loves dogs, long walks on the beach, and romantic, candle-lit dinners. He hates mean people and parking tickets.
- Tournament of Kings mixes fights, food and fun
- Friday, Oct. 19, 2018
- Knights joust want to have fun at Excalibur.
- Pedestrian hit by pickup truck, critically injured
- Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015
- A pedestrian was hospitalized in critical condition after she was hit by a pickup truck this morning while crossing Spring Mountain Road, according to Metro Police. The woman ...
- A train under Lake Mead? Exploring beyond the abyss
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015
- "At times the lights flickered, and for a split second it was completely dark."
- Car crashes into bus stop, injures family
- Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015
- The driver of a silver Nissan SUV injured a family upon crashing into a bus stop shelter at North Rainbow Boulevard and Balzar Avenue in front of the Best in the West shopping center, said Metro Police ...
- Think you’re a Vegas expert? Can you match the carpet to the right casino?
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- How well do you know Las Vegas? Take this quick quiz to see how well you know some of Las Vegas' iconic casinos — based on their carpet.
- Capturing the perfect circus cliche
- Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Fifteen minutes, one elephant and one ideal circus wave.
- 2 die after SUV crashes into school bus on Decatur
- Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010
- Two 22-year-old men were killed Wednesday after their sport utility vehicle crossed the center line on Decatur Boulevard and crashed into a school bus in the northwest valley. No children were riding on the school bus.
- Suspicious device prompts evacuations, closes streets
- Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- About 20 businesses were evacuated Tuesday after Metro Police officers found a suspicious device in a vehicle at Sahara Avenue and Decatur Boulevard. Officers responded at about 10:30 a.m. to the area after stopping a Dodge Ram pickup truck on suspicion of DUI.
- Steve Marcus - Chasing the knockdown shot
- A collection of our favorite photos that didn't run this year
- Monday, Dec. 28, 2009
- My first exposure to boxing in Las Vegas was developing film for other photographers on fight nights. I was in a trailer developing film when the “Fan Man” (also known as James Miller) landed by paraglider into the Riddick Bowe vs. Evander Holyfield fight at Caesars Palace in 1993.
- Sights Unseen
- Our favorite pictures that didn't run this year
- Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009
- People in Las Vegas dress funny.
- Police helicopter lands safely in city intersection
- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008
- A Metro Police helicopter landed shortly after noon today at Fremont and Bruce streets after a mechanical failure, Metro Police said.
- Price tag for Raiders stadium to climb, which is a good thing, project official says
- Vegas Dave: ‘I would have to be a complete moron’ to again bet sports
- Woman seen in video shoving man off bus will contest murder charge
- USC transfer Grimes ‘feels good to be home’ at UNLV
- More than 3,000 more steel posts going up along Strip