- Heller bids farewell to Senate, says 'Nevada’s booming is because this Congress delivered tax cuts'
- Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018
- Heller, who lost his reelection bid this year to Democratic Rep. Jacky Rosen, gave his farewell speech on the Senate floor today, stressing the importance of his family, staff and ...
- Southwest states eye drought plans ahead of expected Lake Mead shortages
- Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018
- Colorado River water users will meet in Las Vegas this week as states lay out plans to combat expected shortages at Lake Mead amid a nearly 20-year drought ...
- Fewer signing up for Obamacare as enrollment deadline nears
- Monday, Dec. 10, 2018
- Obamacare sign-ups through Healthcare.gov are down nationally and in Nevada as the final days of open enrollment approach. Enrollment was about ...
- Q+A: Mining executive shares industry insights gleaned over decades
- Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018
- In more than 25 years in the mining industry, Michael Brown says that as he retires, his proudest moment was bringing his company to Southern Nevada ...
- Utility company GM selected for Assembly seat won by deceased brothel owner
- Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
- Commissioners finalized their choice of Republican Gregory Hafen II to join the Assembly and replace late brothel owner Dennis Hof …
- Clark County commissioners appoint 2 to fill Nevada Senate vacancies
- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018
- Nevada’s Legislature is almost set for the 2019 session, with three more seats still to be filled after Clark County chose replacements for two outgoing Democrats ...
- CCSD’s Jara: ‘It’s OK that some kids cost more to educate’
- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018
- Lawmakers are looking to deliver on years of discussions and demands from educators that Nevada update its education funding formula ...
- Commissioners near decision on filling legislative vacancies, including for late brothel owner Hof's seat
- Monday, Dec. 3, 2018
- Three vacant legislative seats are expected to be filled this week, with commissioners choosing from a pool of dozens of applicants. Clark, Nye and Lincoln counties are making their nominations early this week with a final decision Friday for the Republican who will represent Assembly District 36, where voters elected ...
- State seeks to replace contractor fired from $115 million DMV project
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018
- Lessons learned from a botched contract are helping the Department of Motor Vehicles seek out a new company to lead its technology upgrade. The state is requesting proposals from companies that want ...
- State officials navigate implementation of voter-approved ballot measures
- Monday, Nov. 19, 2018
- Automatic voter registration and new rights for crime victims will take months to implement, and the agencies carrying out the changes say they’re just starting to piece together ...
State Politics Reporter
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2018, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074