Monday, Jan. 4, 2016 | 2 p.m.
We have more major Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors to start off our New Year of Vegas DeLuxe celebrity and entertainment news on the heels of our Monte Carlo report posted this morning.
It seems difficult to believe that with MGM Resorts International about to open its 20,000-seat Las Vegas Arena behind Monte Carlo and New York-New York that another hotel company would even think about a rival stadium.
But I am assured from the best of sources that discussions for a competing arena have been held, this one with 100,000 seats! Feasibility studies have begun because the hotel execs have said, “Go big or go home.” They reportedly believe that Las Vegas needs and can successfully book and operate a giant-size stadium.
“They don’t want MGM to have all the action on the Strip,” I was told. “They want to beat them and have their own dominating arena for mega-sized events, better than what Arlington, Texas, has with its AT&T Stadium, which hosted last year’s 50th anniversary of the Academy of Country Music Awards.”
The hotel company — and I’m not talking Caesars Entertainment — has space just off the Strip behind its properties to accommodate the building and more so the money to self-fund its construction!
“If they give it the green light after all the feasibility studies, it would be the most luxurious stadium in all of North America,” vowed a top exec with knowledge of the plans.
* One of the most famous and sexiest statues in the world has been moved into a strategic location in Planet Hollywood. The bronze backsides of the “Crazy Girls” are now on display at the foot of the two long escalators leading to and from the casino floor to the former nightclub Prive.
It has sparked rumors that “Crazy Girls” producer Norbert Aleman is planning to add to his empire with a new cabaret club and cigar lounge in the former nightclub and Living Room ultra lounge once occupied by Robin Antin’s Pussycat Dolls.
* Just asking … which star chef sent out a nude photo of herself as a New Year’s greeting card to customers of her Las Vegas restaurants. I received one so I know her identity, but I’m going to keep her identity private — not because she doesn’t look great but because I think eyebrows will be raised.
* Which star chef had the words “my wife and I love each other very much” tattooed on the inside of his thigh — at her request!
* Congratulations to Jamie Stephenson and Marcella Williams, who are partners in the two Juice Standard health stores on the opening of their third Las Vegas location scheduled shortly for the Cosmopolitan.
* Congratulations to UFC chief Dana White, who launches a series for YouTube titled “Looking for a Fight” premiering next Monday. This is not an MMA program but covers all ”fight scenarios,” including nightclub and bar altercations, restaurant fisticuffs and more.
* Congratulations to 2011 Playmate of the Year and “Pin Up” at the Stratosphere star Claire Sinclair, who will soon launch her vintage clothing line Lipstick & Ludes. The brunette bombshell handpicks the vintage finds and models them at LipstickandLudes.com.
* We’ve uncovered this year’s 2016 CES music surprise from Monster Products (audio, headphones, speakers, cables and more) . On Thursday, Magic Johnson will host an extraordinary “Healing the World” tribute to Michael Jackson at Axis at Planet Hollywood with Christina Milian, Aerosmith, Ne-Yo, George Benson, Rick Ross and members of The Jackson Family performing the late King of Pop’s songs with a 30-piece orchestra.
In 1992, Michael worked with producer Bruce Swedien on the album “Dangerous” recorded and produced all Monster. Bruce will make his own tribute to Michael and expects many other stars to join in the show. A spokesman for Monster said in a new release: “ ‘Heal the World’ speaks to the times. Monster feels that it is our obligation to bring social consciousness to CES to fight terror and violence and clean up the environment for the future.”
Robin Leach of “Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous” fame has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past 15 years giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/Robin_Leach.
Follow Las Vegas Sun Entertainment + Luxury Senior Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/VDLXEditorDon.