Monday, June 6, 2016 | 4:57 p.m.
From the PR team this morning of the 2016 Electric Daisy Carnival from June 17-19 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, here are 20 new things at this year’s 20th anniversary celebration:
1. EDC20 is going green. Food vendors will have cooking oil transported and converted it into usable biofuel.
2. Tie the knot at one of two EDC Wedding Chapels: the Chapel of Nature (organic and Earth-inspired) and the Chapel of Future (modern technology themed).
3. Revamp your EDC look inside the Kinetic Field VIP Beauty Bar, where full-service hair, makeup and body art will be available by appointment.
4. Walk along the Memory Lane video tunnel and relive 20 years of EDC photography, graphic art and video footage and headliners in the history of dance music culture.
5. Insomniac’s premier trance brand Dreamstate will host a day at the Circuit Grounds stage for the first time.
6. Propose a toast at the Kinetic Field VIP Bubbles Bar, where a champagne-only menu will offer mimosas, Bellinis and bubbly by the glass.
7. Environmentally conscious nonprofit Global Inheritance will remind fans to keep Mother Earth in mind with a Live Recycling Bin Painting art project in addition to the return of Trashed Recycling Store.
8. For the first time, fans will be able to ride with Uber to and from EDC Las Vegas by car or chopper. A private Uber Lounge with charging stations, shade and tunes will keep fans cool while they wait for their ride.
9. L.A.-based, Australian roast gurus Longshot Coffee will wheel a mobile cart around the Kinetic Field VIP area with iced mochas, iced vanilla lattes and iced caramel coffee drinks.
10. The EDC Parade returns bigger and better than ever. The procession will weave through the festival each night near midnight with four new art cars, joining the fleet of 15 whimsical vehicles and new, costumed performer groups.
11. EDC Town once again takes over the grassy area near Cosmic Meadow with new attractions like Little Red School House, where one-of-a-kind classes will be in session; EDC Theater, where fans can catch a magic show; and EDC Saloon, where drinks will be served all weekend.
12. The U.S. presidential election is just around the corner. Register to vote inside Carnival Square at the booth Head Count.
13. A new Art Car joins the roaming, weaving, fire-breathing family. Look out for Heathen & Kaliope, a giant red unit on wheels that resembles a fire truck and animal circus cart all in one.
14. Put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up at the Kinetic Field VIP Tiki Bar.
15. New performer troupes will dance among the crowd dressed as Fire Phoenix Stilters, Sunshine Harleys and Deep Sea Sirens.
16. The EDC20 festival guide joins with Insomniac magazine. The collector’s item anniversary guide will feature festival information, photos, behind-the-scenes Insomniac stories and features on headliners.
17. Neon Garden’s VIP lounge will feature daybeds surrounded by pool tables, juice bar, food trucks and life-size games.
18. Vape Village welcomes all vapers to EDC Las Vegas with premium liquids and vendors available to fill empty pens, eGO devices, mod and AVP.
19. Free high-speed Wi-Fi will be offered for quick uploading and convenient communicating in the center of the festival at Carnival Square.
20. Brand. New. Stages.
In 11 days, more than 400,000 fans will race onto LVMS for the EDC20 celebration. For the latest on EDC Las Vegas, go to LasVegas.ElectricDaisyCarnival.com.
Don Chareunsy is the Las Vegas Sun’s entertainment and luxury senior editor and has been a journalist for nearly two decades.
Robin Leach of “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” fame has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past 15 years giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.
Follow Sun Entertainment + Luxury Senior Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/VDLXEditorDon.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/Robin_Leach.