co-sponsored by the Southern Nevada Old Time Contra Dancers
Hosted at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, this is a chance to dance to the live music of an acoustic band playing joyful fiddle tunes, driving reels and a waltz or two. These lively community dancers ( all ages welcome ) recapture the spirit of New England other frontier barn dances from American history. All dances are taught and called, newcomers and families are welcome. No need to bring a partner. Wear comfortable flat-soled shoes and casual clothing.
Adults are $7, members, students and military $5 and children under 16 and non-dancing adults for $3 Pay at the door.
Call 229-6383 for details.
Event is ongoing: Indefinitely
- Saturdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Where: The Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St., Las Vegas
Cost: $3 - $7
Age limit: All ages
Event posted July 31, 2009
Last updated Oct. 13, 2011
- The Big3 Championship Finals
- T-Mobile Arena | 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and St. Paul And The Broken Bones
- The Chelsea | 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- The Joint | 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.