Las Vegas Sun

April 26, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Financial Literacy Month

Published on Tue, Mar 22, 2016 (2:02 p.m.)

April is National Financial Literacy Month, and is dedicated to helping Americans improve their financial wellbeing. We’re making an extra effort to spread awareness to teachers about a free financial literacy program available to them thanks to local sponsors.

Story: WestStar Credit Union has recognized this problem, and stepped forward in the Clark County area to sponsor Banzai, a world-class software platform designed to introduce students to adult financial dilemmas. The program features real life simulations to illustrate the concepts in a fun and meaningful way. Banzai's award winning curriculum is used by over 20,000 teachers and is available in all 50 states. WestStar Credit Union's engagement in the program gives teachers the opportunity to provide an innovative, high-quality experience to their students at no cost to them.

I'm promoting the story for two reasons: first, so more teachers can be made aware of the opportunity available to them to use the program for free; and second, to stress the importance of providing financial literacy to those still in school.

Our goal is to focus on the success teachers and students are having learning about money management, and demonstrate how WestStar Credit Union is giving back to the community.

I have reached out to teachers Dalia Carbajal, Lori Jayme and Barbara Bannister, who have experience with using the Banzai program in their classroom. I've also provided contact information for a representative at WestStar Credit Union. They are excited to participate in a story, here's their contact info:

Dalia Carbajal
Rancho High School
(702) 799-7000
[email protected]

Lori Jayme
Desert Torah Academy
(702) 259-1000
[email protected]

Barbara Bannister
Alexander Dawson School
(702) 581-8763
[email protected]

Kelly Cook
WestStar Credit Union
[email protected]
(702) 761-5520

Please let me know if you have questions and if this is a story you're interested in.

Thanks,

Rachel Yentes
Public Relations, Banzai
801-210-3016