Gamblers Anonymous offers the following questions to anyone who may have a gambling problem. These questions are provided to help the individual decide if he or she is a compulsive gambler and wants to stop gambling. Most compulsive gamblers will answer "Yes" to at least seven of the following questions.
- 1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- 2. Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- 3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
- 4. Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- 5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- 6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- 7. After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- 8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- 9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- 10. Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- 11. Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- 12. Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- 13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- 14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- 15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry, trouble, boredom or loneliness?
- 16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- 17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- 18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- 19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- 20. Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Gamblers Anonymous Contact Information
Find a meeting on the Gamblers Anonymous of Southern Nevada website.
Las Vegas Hotline: (888) 442-2110
Local Mailing Address:
G.A. of Southern Nevada
P.O. Box 26362
Las Vegas, NV 89137
National Hotline: (888) 424-3577