Friday, Feb. 10, 2012 | 9:59 a.m.
A fire early Friday caused $50,000 damage to a home in Henderson, the Henderson Fire Department reported.
Firefighters say they were called at 1:09 a.m. to a two-story duplex on Spotted Eagle Street, near Equestrian Drive, after residents saw flames in the garage.
Henderson fire officials say the fire was quickly extinguished, and two family pets were rescued. No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is assisting in accommodating three adults and one child who were displaced in the fire.
Firefighters said the cause of the fire was accidental, related to careless smoking habits.