Saturday, June 8, 2013 | 11:20 a.m.
A fire damaged part of a bar Saturday morning on East Charleston Boulevard.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue received a call about 6 a.m. that smoke was coming out of an air conditioning unit at Back Door Lounge at 1415 E. Charleston Boulevard, near Maryland Parkway. Three people were in the lounge when the fire started, and one person appeared to use a fire extinguisher to put out the flames, said Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Spokesman Tim Szymanski.
Firefighters arrived to find the fire in a small storage room in the back of the building. The fire gutted the storage room, and the rest of the building had heavy smoke damage causing approximately $100,000 in damage, Szymanski said.
One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
Fire investigators could not determine the exact reason for the fire but said it appeared to be caused either by careless smoking or an electrical problem, Szymanski said.