Monday, Nov. 18, 2013 | 9:35 a.m.
Fire displaces family of four
A family of four was displaced from their home Sunday after a fire burned the second floor of their two-story house in Henderson.
The Henderson Fire Department responded to the fire at about 10 a.m. at a home on Pioneers Peak Avenue near Greenway Road. Firefighters arrived to find a fire on the second floor of the home, Battalion Chief Mike Gibson said.
Smoke detectors alerted the two adults and two children to the fire, allowing them to evacuate safely and without injury, Gibson said. Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly.
The fire caused about $25,000 in damage to the home. Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental.