Las Vegas Sun

October 22, 2014

Currently: 82° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Smoke forces evacuation of Burger King in northwest valley

A Burger King in the northwest valley was evacuated today after a malfunctioning air conditioning unit filled the building with light smoke, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.

At around 6:05 p.m., firefighters received reports of smoke inside the fast-food restaurant on 8564 W. Lake Mead Blvd., near North Rampart Boulevard, spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

Crews determined that a motor inside one of the building's air conditioning units had malfunctioned, but it had already turned off by the time firefighters arrived, Szymanski said.

The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.

There was no damage to the building, and no injuries were reported, Szymanski said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy