Las Vegas Sun

September 2, 2014

Currently: 92° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Utah couple die from carbon monoxide at home

WEST JORDAN, Utah — A Utah couple who ran a carpet cleaning business has died from carbon monoxide while working at a home.

Police say 37-year-old Maria Lopez-Landaverde and 43-year-old Joselito Solorzano of Orem died Saturday night after being found unconscious by firefighters.

Investigators say carbon monoxide levels reached a lethal amount in the West Jordan home after the couple pulled their carpet cleaning van into the garage and kept the van and equipment running with the garage door shut as they cleaned the carpets.

Police say there wasn't enough ventilation in the home and the couple died after they were taken to Jordan Valley Hospital.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy