Las Vegas Sun

September 17, 2014

Currently: 89° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

2 suffer smoke inhalation in mobile home fire

Image

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue

Two people, an adult and a child, suffered minor smoke inhalation when this mobile home at a park in the 800 block of Lamb Boulevard caught fire Thursday, July 10, 2014, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials said.

Updated Thursday, July 10, 2014 | 6:53 p.m.

Two people suffered minor smoke inhalation when a fire broke out this afternoon at a mobile home in the northeast valley, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue officials said.

The fire did about $60,000 damage, officials said.

Firefighters received multiple calls about 2:15 p.m. of smoke coming from a home at the Millenium Estates mobile home park at 830 N. Lamb Blvd., near Washington Avenue, fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

Firefighters had the fire out by about 3 p.m., although by then the fire had charred most of the front of the home, officials said. Fire investigators determined the fire started outside the home, when a wooden shed against the side of the home caught fire, officials said.

Flames damaged the shed before spreading to the mobile home.

The residents, two adults, were treated for minor smoke inhalation, Szymanski said.

Sun reporter Adwoa Fosu contributed to this report.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy