- Vegas Play of the Day: Los Angeles Clippers at Portland Trailblazers
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015
- The Play of the Day, which uses odds from the South Point and $10,000 starting bankrolls, pivots away from college basketball and back to the NBA for the first time in weeks. ...
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Did Manny have a better chance of beating Floyd five years ago?
- Sunday, March 29, 2015
- In 2010, oddsmakers made Mayweather a virtual pick ’em price of minus-120 (risking $1.20 to win $1) to beat Pacquiao, compared with now, when he’s a 2-to-1 favorite ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Las Vegas picks and preview of Sunday’s Elite 8
- Sunday, March 29, 2015
- Three of the top six coaches in all-time Elite 8 appearances bring teams into Sunday’s regional finals, including each of the two with the most.
Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski reached the round for the 14th time this season. Despite coaching 11 seasons fewer than Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino advanced to his 12th Elite 8 ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of Saturday's Elite 8
- Saturday, March 28, 2015
- On this same Saturday a year ago, the overall top seed in the NCAA Tournament laid double digits in the Elite Eight while two of the nation’s other best teams ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Utah vs. Duke
- Friday, March 27, 2015
- For everyone that’s asked for bigger-money bets in the South Point-lined Play of the Day, your gift is below. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Las Vegas picks and preview of the Sweet 16
- Thursday, March 26, 2015
- The two favorites to win the NCAA Tournament compete in primetime tonight. Kentucky and Arizona must win two more games before ...
- 16 NCAA Tournament betting notes to know before wagering on the Sweet 16
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- Many of the thousands of tourists who visited town to gamble on the NCAA Tournament last week departed with two things diminished — their egos and their bankrolls.
Sports books stymied bettors over the first weekend of March Madness. ...
- Analysis: Aldo vs. McGregor the biggest fight among lighter classes in UFC history
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Hyperbole sticks to Conor McGregor as snugly as the crowned gorilla tattooed across his chest.
The 26-year-old featherweight fancies himself as the greatest ever after just five fights in the octagon. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Louisiana Tech at Texas A&M
- Monday, March 23, 2015
- The focus on the college basketball postseason moves onward in the Play of the Day, which uses odds from the South Point and $10,000 starting bankrolls. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Las Vegas picks and preview of Sunday’s games
- Sunday, March 22, 2015
- Exhausted from three full days of gambling, sports book crowds typically disappear on Sunday morning of the first NCAA Tournament weekend ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.