- Vegas Play of the Day: Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016
- This line feels a little high for a game between two teams that are almost equally as poor. ...
- Matt Skiba elevates Blink-182's live show at The Joint
- Monday, July 25, 2016
- If Tom DeLonge wanted to witness something paranormal, he only needed to attend his former band’s concert Saturday night at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel.
With DeLonge departed to investigate UFOs, Blink-182 produced something that had become alien for the group in recent years with a sonically satisfying show. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Edmonton Eskimos
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- I’m no Canadian Football League expert, but dabbling in it has paid dividends in Play of the Day so there’s no reason to stop. ...
- UFC on Fox 20 breakdown, betting odds and picks
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- The last three women’s bantamweight title fights in the UFC have all resulted in upsets.
It’s time to discern whether the trend extends to top-contender bouts Saturday night at the United Center in Chicago for UFC on Fox 20. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Thursday, July 21, 2016
- Winnipeg’s final scores have somehow clouded how lousy it’s played on defense this season. ...
- Qui Nguyen ditches bad WSOP memories, scorches to Main Event final table
- Tuesday, July 19, 2016
- They call him “Tommy Gun” at the Aria poker room. The rest of the poker world found out why opponents bestowed that nickname upon upon Qui Nguyen on Monday night at ...
- WSOP Main Event cuts from 27 to 9 players in today's final action of summer
- Monday, July 18, 2016
- Buzz in the poker world hinted that the remaining field in the World Series of Poker Main Event on Sunday made for the most competitive day 6 in the history of the tournament.
Monday’s final session of the summer shouldn’t be much easier. ...
- First-time WSOP player hangs tough near top as Main Event field trims
- Friday, July 15, 2016
- Nolan King celebrated a milestone birthday by putting himself in pole position to win $8 million.
The Boynton Beach, Fla., native turned 30 years old Thursday concurrent to briefly overtaking the chip lead in the World Series of Poker Main Event at the Rio. ...
- Longtime top-ranked player among pros still alive in WSOP Main Event
- Friday, July 15, 2016
- The dealer reveals the last community card, leading Steve O’Dwyer to cut out a small bet from his towering chip stack.
Both the other two players remaining in the hand fold in rapid succession, one staying emotionless and the other shaking his head. ...
- Record number of players to make money at World Series of Poker Main Event
- Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Poker players are always late — even to their game’s world championship. Their proclivity for procrastination resulted in the final of three starting flights in the 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event going down as the largest single-day field in the tournament’s history on ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.