- Bill Foley planning ahead with local NHL team’s opening-season roster
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016
- The four expansion teams that entered the NHL within the last 20 years have played 67 seasons collectively, and managed only two division titles, seven playoff series victories and no Stanley Cup Finals appearances. Owner Bill Foley isn’t concerned about ...
- Bill Foley expects NHL franchise to give Las Vegas a new identity
- Friday, June 24, 2016
- Less than 24 hours after officially securing Las Vegas’ first major professional sports franchise, Bill Foley conducted interviews inside an exclusive sky villa stretching the top two floors of Aria. The NHL’s newest owner lounged in a chair at ...
- Picking team name, logo tops list of what’s next for Las Vegas’ NHL franchise
- Thursday, June 23, 2016
- Bill Foley joked he was holding off on hosting a celebration for the now-official NHL expansion franchise he’s bringing to Las Vegas because it was too hot outside. The real reason is ...
- NHL live blog: Gary Bettman, Bill Foley confirm Las Vegas expansion franchise
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016
- For years, every attempt Las Vegas made at scoring a professional sports franchise wound up blocked. The city finally landed a shot in the back of the net this afternoon. An NHL franchise is coming here starting for the 2017-2018 season, Commissioner Gary Bettman announced. ...
- NHL expected to officially announce Las Vegas expansion franchise today
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016
- The Board of Governors is expected to officially grant Las Vegas its first major professional sports franchise at today's meeting, with an ensuing news conference headed by ...
- NBA Finals in Las Vegas: Game 7 betting preview, odds and picks
- Sunday, June 19, 2016
- Less than three weeks after completing one of the greatest comebacks in NBA Playoff history, the Golden State Warriors must avoid succumbing to an even bigger one. The improbability of the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead over the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals squashes the unlikelihood of their own rally from a 3-1 deficit against the Oklahoma City Thunder last round ...
- Bob Arum sounds off on boxing’s future, Muhammad Ali and NHL in Las Vegas
- Saturday, June 18, 2016
- Bob Arum turns 85 years old later this year, but the inflection in his voice earlier this week made him sound several decades younger. The storied boxing promoter gushed about ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Toronto Blue Jays at Baltimore Orioles
- Friday, June 17, 2016
- I’ve yet to hit a baseball bet this season, but have no other choice but to keep trying. ...
- NBA Finals in Las Vegas: Game 6 betting preview, odds and picks
- Thursday, June 16, 2016
- Sports bettors have related to Stephen Curry and Kevin Love this NBA Finals, because they’re all missing at an almost identical rate. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Texas Rangers at Oakland Athletics
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016
- The first two games of this series have produced a total of 35 runs. That’s virtually unheard of at the Oakland Coliseum. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.