Deputy Managing Editor/news
Ellen was born and raised in upstate New York. Her interest in journalism was sparked while a student at Siena College near Albany, N.Y. That was 25 years ago; she has never turned back. Ellen has been a reporter, copy editor, designer and copy desk chief at papers including the Times Union in Albany, N.Y, and the Tampa Tribune in Florida. Ellen loves animals, the outdoors, reading, country music and trying new kinds of ethnic food.
- Atlantic City is no Las Vegas, and it never was
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- New Jersey's gaming hub is collapsing because it didn't have the DNA advantages that have made Southern Nevada sustainable ...
- Gay marriage ban is bad business
- Sunday, June 29, 2014
- Apart from being the fair and constitutional thing to do, marriage equality makes sense for Nevada’s bottom line. A recent report from the UCLA School of Law puts it in black and white terms: By banning gay marriage, the state is missing out on at least $52 million in economic activity.
- Building off legislative success, interfaith group eyes new set of social concerns
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Elder issues. Immigration. Education. Human trafficking. These issues touch hundreds of thousands of people in the Las Vegas Valley. On Tuesday night, more than 1,500 people — from elected officials to church-going families — came to ...
- Easter sermons focus on life, hope, perseverance, divinity
- Friday, April 6, 2012
- For millions of Christians around the world, this is the most holy week of the year, with the observation today of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and culminating Easter Sunday with the celebration of his resurrection.
- Mayweather-Maidana rematch leads to another fan stampede at MGM Grand
- Beating Manny Pacquiao is all that’s left for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Playboy Playmate Jessica Burciaga hosts at Crazy Horse III Gentlemen’s Club
- Movement stalled on development in Symphony Park
- Rebels’ comeback comes up short in 48-34 loss to Northern Illinois