Library Services & Reprint Permissions
Rebecca is the library services specialist for the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. In addition to archiving stories and images, conducting research and providing content, she handles licensing and reprint requests from the public and is the liaison between the newsroom and professional journalism organizations. Prior to joining the Sun in 1999 she was a legal librarian in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- « Older
- Newer »
- Hands-free devices for cellphone law compliance
- Monday, Aug. 8, 2011
- As Oct. 1 approaches, Nevadans will need to invest in hands-free devices to use with cellphones while driving. A law passed by the Legislature this year makes it illegal to talk or text on a handheld cellphone while driving.
- Juvenile offenders work off their sentences with a variety of community services
- Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2011
- In 2000, several local teens were picking up trash along Interstate 15 while working off sentences for Juvenile Court infractions. Jessica Williams, 21, under the influence of drugs, fell asleep at the wheel and plowed into the teens on the highway median. Six died, five at the scene and another hours later at University Medical Center. Since then, picking up trash along the highway is no longer a community service performed by youths.
- Wrongfully convicted: A look at 5 cases
- Friday, July 29, 2011
- Wrongful conviction: A legal proceeding resulting in a prejudicial outcome. A miscarriage of justice arises when the decision of a court is inconsistent with the substantive rights of a party. — West’s Encyclopedia of American Law, 2nd edition
It happens and the consequences are costly.
- Living Las Vegas: See the valley's craziest homes
- Saturday, July 23, 2011
- Las Vegas has a reputation for delivering the “wow factor” and there’s no exception when it comes to real estate. Hidden among the cookie-cutter neighborhoods and rows of concrete blocks are unique properties.
- 6 environmentally friendly buildings in the valley
- Saturday, July 16, 2011
- Are you a green person or business looking for a new location? Come to Southern Nevada.
- 8 family attractions on the Strip
- Wednesday, July 13, 2011
- With Las Vegas boasting themes like “Just the right amount of Wrong” and “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” it’s hard to believe the Strip would cater to families and tourists not old enough to feed a slot machine.
- 7 of Steve Wynn’s most notable art purchases
- Saturday, July 9, 2011
- Casino magnate Steve Wynn has purchased four 18th century Chinese porcelain vases at a London auction for $12.8 million to adorn his new Cotai Resort Hotel in Macau. It’s just the latest in his string of art purchases that have distinguished him as a bona fide art collector.
- Worker killed in accident at Ocean Spray facility in Henderson
- Metro Police facing bigger crowds on streets downtown, on the Strip
- McCarran travelers named sixth hottest in US
- ‘X Burlesque’ star Shakeera Onstead: ‘Las Vegas is always opening something bigger and better’
- Tara Palsha’s teary departure; SLS finds fast friend in Monorail; ‘MDQ,’ ‘Jersey Boys’ represent on tavern scene