Sam Morris is an Iowa native who made his way to Las Vegas 11 years ago after beginning his career as a freelance photographer in San Francisco. It was in San Francisco that he met his fabulous wife and started a family that grew to include three delightful girls. While he doesn't prefer to shoot one subject over another (he's still surprised people pay him to take photos), he tries to find the quirky, humorous, subtle or graphic in what he covers.
Blog Post Archive
- Convention security tight, but polite
- Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2008
- ST. PAUL, Minn. — Threatened by hotel security with eviction if I shot (photos) or interviewed anyone else in the hotel.
- Surprise: Clinton carrying Paris Las Vegas, 2 to 1
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008
- The Elko numbers
- Friday, Jan. 18, 2008
- Chocolatier makes move to Container Park; grocery chain Sprouts up across valley
- Thunderstorm brings heavy rain, lots of lightning to the valley
- Jeffrey Bank: 125,000 meatballs, 14,869 pounds of garlic, 1,200 Titanic sundaes at Carmine’s
- Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman: Our job is to test the limits of how bright our spirits can shine
- Chef Michael LaPlaca: From punk rock to pasta for Portofino’s culinary king