Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Development of skill-based games has casinos altering their strategies
- Artisan hosts 2015 AVN Halloween Porn Star Party on Oct. 30-31
- Clinton blasts Trump at labor rally outside his Las Vegas hotel
- Rob Lowe and wife Sheryl Berkoff attend Celine Dion’s show
- Strip Scribbles: Britney Spears, Olivia Newton-John, John Fogerty, Taylor Hicks