Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- 2 killed as small airplane crashes south of Las Vegas
- No tall tales: 20 facts to mark 20 years of the Stratosphere
- Wynn’s empire is never ‘Never’ land; we hit the stage with Mr. Las Vegas
- Big names say ‘don’t pick me’ to join Trump as running mate
- Editorial: Unlike expressway, light rail isn’t a potential road to ruin