Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Las Vegans’ credit card debt rising faster than you might think
- Report: NHL expansion to Las Vegas is ‘a done deal’
- Holly Madison rides the High Roller at the Linq Promenade
- Executive Director John Saccenti: Why locals should love the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl
- Burning Man no economic jackpot for small Nevada town