Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over multistate grocery deal
- Musk says Tesla ‘definitely’ pursuing lithium sources in Nevada
- Celine Dion: Rene has made certain that the best people surround me
- Man exiting store with groceries is shot near UNLV
- Berkshire Hathaway shareholders sign petition supporting rooftop solar