Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- The war over rooftop solar: As major ruling looms in Nevada, here are key factors
- Report suggests Las Vegas housing market will hold course in ’16
- Tesla urges Nevada regulators to nix rate hike for solar customers
- Emergency measure could reduce CCSD teacher shortage by hundreds
- Injured Rebels must get creative against San Jose State