Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Condition of 2 rescued from Venetian canal improves
- ACLU launches lawsuit against Nevada school voucher law
- Lawyer: Former franchisee alerted Subway exec about Fogle
- Traffic reports: Vehicle fire blocks ramp on southbound Airport Connector to eastbound 215 Beltway loop ramp
- Nightlife impresario Jesse Waits on life after XS and what’s next