Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Atlantic City is no Las Vegas, and it never was
- Even for Las Vegas veterans, navigating the rules of the valet can be tricky
- Westgate owner climbs high again; Agassi stays grounded in Reno
- Everything you want to know about death in Las Vegas
- Group of women trying to break into pot business ‘for the right reasons’