Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Trump can solve California water crisis: ‘There is no drought’
- Men who robbed Las Vegas convenience store used Uzi, police say
- Celebrity preview: The Who, Chris Tucker, Joan Jett, Punk Rock Bowling, MDW parties
- Medley is totally righteous at Composers Showcase; Jillette’s latest book is to diet for
- Man gets 10 years in Thunder From Down Under backstage shooting