Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Slot parlor chain facing scrutiny in city of Las Vegas
- How skill-based slots, social media and more will shape the casino of the future
- Bill Foley publicly updates efforts to bring NHL team to Las Vegas
- Former Riviera operators approved to manage Westgate Las Vegas
- Bern’s-Eye View: Why new arena will help keep Las Vegas a basketball epicenter