Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Nevada gaming revenue slumps for third consecutive month
- Interactive: Where voter turnout was highest (and lowest) in Clark County
- Forecast for the Linq: Snow with a chance for tubing
- Gorman basketball will have an edge on the inside, opens season Saturday
- 3 children hit by vehicle near elementary school