Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Allegiant executives were flying plane that ran low on fuel
- Bankruptcy court denies Caesars Entertainment’s quick appeal
- Kanye, The Killers, Sam Smith, The Who, Coldplay set for iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand
- Parents sue Cowabunga Bay water park over boy’s injuries
- Teen says killing of ‘a loving, caring mom’ was a mistake