Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Woman found dead in ransacked home remembered as ‘exceptional musician’ and ‘beautiful soul’
- Fortune, friction and decline as casino ‘Chinatown’ matures
- Eating champ Kobayashi talks Vegas, world records, dislike for rival Joey Chestnut
- Glitch keeps thousands away from US hoops game at T-Mobile Arena
- Anthony Bennett switches jersey number to honor friend Dejean-Jones