Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Students at a Trump rally become part of a venomous political lesson
- Woman faces drug, gun, battery charges after standoff with Henderson police
- How do CCSD schools’ sports facilities stack up with Gorman’s?
- For Macau casinos, challenges appear on multiple fronts
- Snow flurries help usher in ski season on Mount Charleston