Charlie Riedel / Associated Press
Monday, Feb. 4, 2013 | 2:45 p.m.
- Las Vegas sports books profit once again on Super Bowl
- Super Bowl by the odds: Vegas perspective and pick against the spread
- A Super Bowl conversation with two of Las Vegas’ veteran sports book directors
- Gamblers betting on Colin Kaepernick more than any player in history
- Complete list of Super Bowl prop wagers from the LVH Superbook
- Vegas sports books favor 49ers over Ravens by 4 points in Super Bowl
- Analysis: Picking winners for Super Bowl prop bets that run the gamut from coin toss to Kobe
- Las Vegas sports bettors favoring Patriots vs. 49ers for Super Bowl XLVII
- Vegas Super Bowl favorites Broncos, 49ers were heavily bet before season
- Las Vegas sports book posts odds on every possible Super Bowl result
- NFL playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective on conference championships
- NFL playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective on divisional round
- NFL playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective on wild-card games
- The Sun's Super Bowl section
- Talking Points
The last five Super Bowl champions have at least one major characteristic in common.
Las Vegas sports books opened all of their odds in the middle of the pack to hoist the Lombardi Trophy after the previous season’s Super Bowl. None of them were among the top-five favorites.
This year’s Baltimore Ravens and the 2010 Green Bay Packers were the closest with 12-to-1 odds. The 2011 New York Giants, 2009 New Orleans Saints and 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers all were posted at 25-to-1 seven months before the start of the season in early February.
Sports books all across the valley now have their future odds posted and updated for which team will win next year’s Super Bowl, scheduled for Feb. 2 2014, at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., after Sunday’s conclusion of this NFL season.
Six teams fall into the magical 12-to-1 to 25-to-1 range at the LVH Superbook — the Seahawks at 12-to-1, the Steelers at 14-to-1, the Ravens at 14-to-1, the Falcons at 16-to-1, the Saints at 16-to-1 and the Giants at 20-to-1.
Which team is the best bet? Analyzing the chances of those six might be a worthwhile place to start.
Check below for a full listing of odds to win Super Bowl 48, courtesy of the LVH Superbook. I’ve bolded three of my favorite picks that may have some value.
Patriots — 6-to-1
49ers — 7-to-1
Broncos — 8-to-1
Packers — 10-to-1
Texans — 10-to-1
Seahawks — 12-to-1
Steelers — 14-to-1
Ravens — 14-to-1
Falcons — 16-to-1
Saints — 16-to-1
Giants — 20-to-1
Redskins — 30-to-1
Bears — 30-to-1
Bengals — 30-to-1
Cowboys — 30-to-1
Chargers — 40-to-1
Lions — 40-to-1
Vikings — 40-to-1
Colts — 40-to-1
Panthers — 50-to-1
Jets — 50-to-1
Eagles — 50-to-1
Dolphins — 50-to-1
Rams — 50-to-1
Browns — 50-to-1
Chiefs — 50-to-1
Buccaneers — 60-to-1
Titans — 100-to-1
Bills — 100-to-1
Cardinals — 100-to-1
Raiders — 150-to-1
Jaguars —150-to-1Case Keefer can be reached at 948-2790 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Case on Twitter at twitter.com/casekeefer.