This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Youth Group Raises $1,700 for Special Needs Campers
Published on Sun, Feb 14, 2016 (9:41 p.m.)On Tuesday, February 9, the Temple Sinai Youth Group held a spaghetti dinner fundraiser where they raised $1,680 for Camp Sam USA.
Camp Sam USA is a specialized camp at Lee Canyon on Mt. Charleston for adults with developmental and physical disabilities. Camp Sam provides a safe, fun and educational summer camp experience tailored to those with special needs with activities from arts & crafts projects to a high ropes course to a closing dance. The teens are passionate in their belief that everyone should have a chance to experience the close connections of summer camp regardless of physical or mental capacity, or financial barriers.
This was the inaugural year for the event; it was organized and lead by Youth Group President, Sailor Leslie Helms.
We have also a great photo to submit with the "giant check" being presented to the camp.
- Southern Nevada’s affordable housing shortage at crisis level, advocates say
- Refs in controversial Vegas call not expected to work rest of playoffs
- NFL Draft is biggest day of year for thriving sports agent
- MGM laying off 254 employees with more cuts coming
- Rite of passage? Knights’ season ends with a painful, controversial loss