This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Free Country in the Park Concert and Festival with Headliner Joe Nichols
Published on Thu, May 5, 2016 (1:03 p.m.)May 5, 2016
* * * MEDIA ADVISORY * * *
WHAT: Free Country in the Park Concert and Festival
with Headliner Joe Nichols
10th anniversary event returns to Mountain’s Edge Saturday
The public is invited to enjoy a day of outdoor country fun at the 10th annual free Country in the Park concert and festival. Country music favorite Joe Nichols and rising country music star Brett Young are featured. Local country rock band Thrillbilly Deluxe will kick off the show.
The event also will feature a beer garden, food vendors, booths, exhibits, kid’s activities, and more. Picnic baskets, chairs, blankets and well-behaved leashed pets are welcome. Alcohol, coolers and glass are not allowed in the park.
Country in the Park is presented by the Mountain’s Edge Master Planned Community and Las Vegas’ new country leader 95.5 The Bull. For information, visit www.mountainsedge.com or https://www.facebook.com/MyMountainsEdge.
WHEN: Saturday, May 7
2 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Country in the Park activities as mentioned above.
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Thrillbilly Deluxe performs.
5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. – Brett Young performs.
6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Joe Nichols performs.
WHO: • Joe Nichols, a consistent country music chart presence with hit after hit on radio since 2002’s “The Impossible” to “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off” and “Sunny and 75”
• Brett Young, rising country music star whom Rolling Stone has named as one of its “Artists You Need to Know”
• Deonna Stocker, Mountain’s Edge manager of information center operations
• 95.5 The Bull On-Air Personalities
Check with contact listed below for interview opportunities with Nichols and Young. The best times may be between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Outdoor Amphitheater in Exploration Park
at the Mountain’s Edge Master Planned Community
9700 S. Buffalo Drive. (just south of Blue Diamond Road)
Event security will let you park in the main Exploration Park parking lot.
- Family: Boy killed in murder-suicide went back into house to rescue younger brother
- Golden Knights will have at least one new face on the blue line
- Week 3 NFL picks for the Sun’s handicapping contest
- Resource group at UNLV helps diverse students find way
- Volunteers working to move Burning Man plane out of desert