This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
OP ED entered in Las Vegas based play competition for 2013
Published on Fri, Feb 15, 2013 (9:52 a.m.)Las Vegas, Nevada 01 Jan 2013 – From the pen of playwright, Floyd Stephen Alexander, OP ED, a one act play profiling a cultural battle between an editorial cartoonist and a popular musical rap artist, has been entered into Las Vegas Little Theatre’s 5th Annual New Works Play Competition for 2013.
OP ED’s story plot centers around Carver Ross, an African American editorial cartoonist for Wake UP News, and his ongoing dispute in his featured column, Sketches and Scorns, with local rap artist, Long Dong (a.k.a. Seymour Williams). Their mutual antagonism explodes in shocking ending from more sinister intentions not known by both men.
The winning play of the competition will have a 10 show performance on Little Theatre’s Fisher Black Box stage and $150.00 in prize money. The winner will be announced on March 15, 2013. George Knapp, Channel 8 I-Team investigative report, personally favored the character, Sid Moniture, editor-in-chief of Wake Up News, and noted that the play “looks like fun and a creative undertaking”.
- Crosses honoring Las Vegas shooting victims moving to museum
- Mecum to offer 1,000 cars for first auction in Las Vegas
- Henderson dispensaries get green light to start selling recreational pot
- Police: Man fatally shot as he arrived at church
- ‘A better team than people expected’: Golden Knights starting to turn heads at 5-1