Monday, Sept. 27, 2010 | 11:38 a.m.
Spectators are being banned from a debate next month between Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Republican rival Sharron Angle after a candidate forum last week ended with a fistfight in the audience.
Nevada Broadcasters Association President Bob Fisher told journalists and political candidates Saturday that only the candidates' closest relatives and advisers will be allowed to attend the Oct. 14 televised debate.
Fisher said each candidate must submit a list of 12 guests. Only those people will be allowed to attend the only scheduled debate in one of the most important races during this midterm election.
Witnesses say a candidate forum last week ended with an Angle supporter punching one woman and pushing another as they tried to walk past him.