Published Thursday, April 28, 2011 | 2:34 p.m.
Updated Thursday, April 28, 2011 | 4:32 p.m.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue responded to multiple 911 calls of a house fire this afternoon that displaced a family of three and caused $75,000 in damage in the western valley.
Fire department spokesman Tim Syzmanski said crews were dispatched at 2:05 p.m. to the one-story house in the 6200 block of Factor Avenue. When firefighters arrived on scene they found heavy smoke coming through the roof and a small amount of flames that were extinguished in about 10 minutes.
The fire began outside the garage, he said, and eventually “rolled” inside. The garage was gutted and there was damage to the roof.
Syzmanski said the fire was ruled accidental and was possibly caused by smoking materials. No one was injured.
The Red Cross was assisting the family of three adults, but no one was home during the fire. Syzmanski said they will most likely be displaced for a few nights. The family’s three pets weren't injured.