Las Vegas Sun

January 23, 2018

Currently: 60° — Complete forecast

Two residents suffer smoke inhalation in senior apartment complex fire

Updated Thursday, April 4, 2013 | 6:10 p.m.

Dryer fire

Two residents in a senior living apartment complex suffered smoke inhalation Thursday after a dryer caught fire, Clark County Fire officials said.

Firefighters were dispatched about 3:25 p.m. to a dryer fire at Harrison Pines Senior Apartments at 5045 Harrison Drive, near Tropicana Avenue and McLeod Drive. Firefighters arrived to a thick cloud of black smoke in the hallway coming from the laundry room.

The fire was extinguished about 10 minutes later. The fire did not get hot enough to trigger the sprinklers but did cause smoke damage to the apartment complex, officials said.

Two residents were treated for smoke inhalation, but did not need to be transported to a hospital.

The damage was limited to the dryer and laundry room. Clark County arson investigators are determining the cause of the fire.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy