Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017 | 2 a.m.
Cooking the burger 3 minutes per side should result in medium, or uniform pinkness inside with a dark brown crust outside.
“One day I was eating a cheeseburger, and squeezing sriracha on each bite. When I went to work the next day, I started playing around with ingredients. From that, the sriracha peanut butter bacon burger was born,” said creator Jacob Sanders, executive chef of Station Casinos’ Wildfire Gaming Division. “Right before I tried it for the first time, I was optimistic but wasn’t sure how it would be. I loved it.”
The neighborhood casino in Henderson has its own craft brewery, so why not test out the meaty, peanut-buttery bite with a pint of Boulder Gold Hefeweizen?
This is the kind of burger that will leave you happy to skip dessert, and all of the fixings can be prepared in one pan.
• 1 hamburger bun
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 1 egg
• 1 slice cheddar cheese
• 2 strips bacon
• 1/3 pound beef patty, seasoned with salt and pepper
• 1/4 white onion, sliced
• olive oil
• 1 oz peanut butter
• 2 oz sriracha sauce
1. Lay bacon in cold frying pan. Turn heat to medium, and when the sides of the strips begin to crisp and curl, flip it. Continue this process until bacon is cooked to desired crispiness. Set aside. When pan has cooled sufficiently, pour out grease and wipe surface with a paper towel.
2. Reheat pan to medium. Brush both sides of the bun with butter and place butter-side down on the hot surface. Cook for about 20 seconds until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
3. Using the same pan heated to medium, coat the bottom with olive oil and add onion. Sauté until onions become tender and caramelize. Set aside.
4. Refresh the oil and add egg, cooking to desired doneness. Set aside.
5. In the same pan or on the grill, cook the burger on medium-high heat. Just before it reaches desired doneness, place cheese on top to melt.
6. In a small bowl, mix sriracha and peanut butter. Smear on the buttery side of the top bun.
7. Place the burger on bottom bun and layer on egg, onions and bacon, then top with other bun.