Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020 | 6 a.m.
A glamorous return to classic Las Vegas productions complete with a cast of fabulous showgirls, “Extravaganza” performed its one and only show on the Strip on March 14, days before all entertainment and casinos were shut down on Las Vegas Boulevard to fight the spread of coronavirus.
The encore performance is now set for November 23. “Extravaganza” is scheduled to return to the stage at the Jubilee Theater inside Bally’s Las Vegas on that Monday night at 6:30 p.m. Its ongoing schedule calls for shows six nights a week, at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. nightly except Wednesday, in front of socially distanced audiences of 250 max. Tickets are on sale now at extravaganza-vegas.com.
“We are excited to reopen ‘Extravaganza’ in Las Vegas — which is my homage to this amazing city — bringing not only tremendous and unique performers from all over the world, but also, some of the most iconic and thrilling acts and the return of the classic showgirls, who made the Jubilee Theater home for so many decades,” said creator and director Hanoch Rosènn.
Donn Arden’s “Jubilee!” famously ran in the same 1,050-seat theater from 1981 until 2016, known for its iconic showgirls in costumes from Bob Mackie.
Rosènn’s first Las Vegas show creation is “WOW,” which opened in the fall of 2017 at the Rio Showroom. The Rio remains closed at this time but Caesars Entertainment CEO Tom Reeg said last week the off-Strip resort would reopen before the end of the year.
“Extravaganza” will add to its diverse cast by borrowing crossbow archer Silvia Silvia and her husband, comedian and juggler Victor Ponce, from the “WOW” production. “Extravaganza” also features acrobats, dancers, aerialists, skaters, the “Globe of Death” motorcycle act, huge LED screens and state-of-the-art holograms of Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra and others.
Bally’s reopened on July 23 and its neighbor across Flamingo Road, fellow Caesars property the Cromwell, is the most recent casino resort to reopen on the Strip, opening its doors on October 29.