Blog Post Archive
- Veteran broadcaster remembers Gondo as a loyal friend and partner
- Wednesday, April 29, 2009
- It's appropriate that they are having Glen Gondrezick's memorial service at the Thomas and Mack Center, because the gym is where Gondo was always most comfortable.
- Let the fans put their own asterisk on the Steroids Era*
- Thursday, March 5, 2009
- One of the most unusual weeks of my career came in May 2006, during the lead up to a series between the A’s and Giants in Oakland.
- There should be no debate about baseball Hall of Fame
- Monday, Jan. 26, 2009
- Now that the dust has settled and Jim Rice and Rickey Henderson have been voted into the Hall of Fame, here’s two cents from someone who will never have a vote for the Hall.
- Diary of opening day in Tokyo
- Monday, March 31, 2008
4:45 a.m. ‹ I woke up early, resigned that the 16 hour time change is too hard to overcome. I’m not sure what clock my body is on, but I’m not alone. Boston’s Terry Francona is a frequent early morning partner at the hotel exercise room, which provides some solitude for the Red Sox manager. By his
own admission, Francona has no life away from baseball once the season starts, but his calm, professional demeanor is perfect for the demands of Red Sox Nation.
- Fighting jet lag by eating his way through Japan
- Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I’m wondering what happened to last Thursday, but I do know it is
gone for ever and it felt like it never happened.
- Spring brings memories of the catbird seat
- Tuesday, March 11, 2008
It’s coincidental that the A’s spring training home is the same ballpark where I worked while broadcasting the Phoenix Firebirds in my Pacific Coast League days.
- Las Vegas stripper pleads guilty to running multistate drug ring
- Las Vegas Sands paying $7 million to settle corrupt practices probe
- NFL Playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of championship weekend
- Carson City puts ban on recreational pot businesses
- What stands in the way of Raiders moving to Las Vegas? Not much