- Las Vegas-based 'Say Yes to the Dress' pilot in the works
- Friday, July 20, 2012
- Producers of the popular cable TV reality series “Say Yes to the Dress” want to see how giving the bridal show a Las Vegas backdrop will play with viewers. They’re working on a pilot episode that would focus on brides trying to find the perfect wedding dress in Las Vegas.
- Nonprofit groups hope for sizzling sales at fireworks stands
- Tuesday, July 3, 2012
- Heat given off by the asphalt parking lot can be felt in the shoes of volunteers at many of the fireworks stands operating across the valley. But the heat doesn’t deter them from giving their time. After all, in Las Vegas and Clark County, fireworks stands are operated by nonprofit groups, from cheerleading squads to baseball teams to churches, and sales at those stands support their missions.
- UNLV nanotechnology camp aims to cultivate next generation of engineers
- Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- Camp last week for a small group of Clark County high school students didn’t include swimming, hiking or any of the usual recreation activities associated with summer. But then, these students weren’t attending a traditional summer camp. Instead, they were participating in a nanotechnology camp at UNLV. Nanotechnology is the study of manipulating matter on an atomic and molecular scale. Its cutting-edge applications can be seen in everything from computers to machinery, building materials to medicines and food.
- Summer program for CCSD teachers aims to boost students' science achievement
- Friday, June 15, 2012
- While most Clark County School District teachers and students began summer vacation last week, a select group of 60 elementary teachers are extending their classroom work in a five-day program this week at UNLV.
- Couples may need fresh definition of infidelity in digital age
- Monday, June 11, 2012
- Instant communication, via Twitter, Facebook, text messaging or any number of social media platforms, has many benefits. It allows people to reach out to each other throughout the day and have instant support.
- Raise children to know red flags involving sexual predators, therapist advises
- Sunday, June 3, 2012
- It’s the kind of news that makes parents squirm with disgust and outrage and, because it’s played on the evening news, might force uncomfortable but necessary discussions with children: In recent weeks, three employees of the Clark County School District and a Las Vegas youth soccer coach have been arrested on allegations of sexual impropriety involving minors.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074