- Vegas Play of the Day: Warriors at Spurs
- Monday, May 22, 2017
- Here’s the latest installment of the Play of the Day, which uses odds from the South Point. Our four sports writers started with ...
- Passion rekindled: Diehards turn out for UNLV fan fest
- Friday, May 19, 2017
- The official attendance records may not reflect just how bad things got for UNLV basketball last year, but there were nights when you would have been hard pressed to count 4,000 people inside the Thomas & Mack Center. So it was encouraging to see about 500 enthusiastic fans turn out on Thursday evening for ...
- Rebels hoping for fan frenzy at Town Square event
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Hope springs eternal in sports and excitement is already building for UNLV's 2017-18 campaign, especially considering the ridiculous recruiting haul orchestrated ...
- Lady Rebels twins Dakota, Dylan Gonzalez foregoing final year of eligibility
- Friday, May 12, 2017
- UNLV athletics lost some of its star power on Friday, when it was announced that Lady Rebels basketball players Dakota and Dylan Gonzalez will forego their final year of eligibility and leave the team to focus on other professional pursuits. The twin sisters ...
- Las Vegas Play of the Day: Wizards vs. Celtics
- Friday, May 12, 2017
- Here’s the latest installment of the Play of the Day, which uses odds from the South Point. Our three sports writers started with …
- UNLV basketball suspends Dwayne Morgan following weekend arrest
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Dwayne Morgan has been suspended indefinitely by UNLV following an arrest on early Saturday morning after an altercation with a cab driver. According to a source ...
- Analysis: Big man Mbacke Diong could be building block for UNLV basketball
- Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Before Brandon McCoy committed to the Rebels last week, it could have been argued that fellow Class of 2017 big man Mbacke Diong was Marvin Menzies’ most impressive recruiting “get” in his first two years at UNLV. The 6-foot-11 Senegal native made a splash in his one year in the states, posting 14.1 points ...
- Rebels legend Mark Wade heading to UNLV Hall
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- Mark Wade still remembers the best pass he ever threw as a Runnin’ Rebel. It came in the biggest game of his career, a Final Four matchup against Indiana in 1987. Wade was in the process of dishing out an NCAA-record 18 assists in that contest, but one dime in particular ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Warriors vs. Jazz
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- The last time these teams played at full strength at Quicken Loans Arena, the Cavaliers gave 5.5 points and narrowly failed to cover in a 121-117 win. ...
- Celebrated new recruits ready to lead UNLV revival
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- After a year of hibernation, the Runnin’ Rebels are back. In a span of 24 hours, head coach Marvin Menzies added three top-tier recruits and instantly breathed new life into the program, and a team that finished last in the Mountain West a year ago is now poised for a major revival. Empty sections at the Thomas & Mack Center? A thing of the past. An 11-21 record? A mark that could easily be reversed in 2017-18. An apathetic fan base? Now they’re ...
UNLV beat writer
Email » | 702-948-7844
Mike covered high school and college sports for The Boston Globe and ESPN.com before moving to Las Vegas in 2012 to cover UNLV athletics for RunRebs.com. Mike is a Massachusetts native, a graduate of Northeastern University and a fan of all Boston sports teams (though he’s not as obnoxious about it as you’d imagine).
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074