- UNLV gets commitment from Tulane transfer Moses Wood
- Sunday, April 21, 2019
- UNLV added another long-term piece to its roster on Sunday, as Tulane transfer Moses Wood committed to the Rebels. Wood, a 6-foot-8 wing player, made the announcement ...
- UNLV basketball in early on 'late bloomer' Mwani Wilkinson
- Saturday, April 20, 2019
- There’s a term that Bishop Gorman swingman Mwani Wilkinson has been hearing a lot lately. Most basketball players his age don’t care for it, but Wilkinson is embracing it. Late bloomer ...
- Julian Strawther commits to Gonzaga
- Thursday, April 18, 2019
- One of the best local prospects to come out of Las Vegas in recent years is now off the board, as Class of 2020 star Julian Strawther committed to Gonzaga today. Strawther, who is wrapping up his junior year at Liberty, made the announcement via ...
- Coaching staff, talent level and more UNLV questions
- Thursday, April 18, 2019
- The NCAA tournament has concluded and UNLV has officially announced its entire coaching staff, which means we are now past the coaching search and firmly onto the offseason. To get things going, let’s open it up ...
- Decision day nears for local prep star Julian Strawther
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Julian Strawther has never been one to draw attention to himself, and that’s the approach the understated 6-foot-7 basketball star will take when he announces his ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Warriors vs. Clippers
- Monday, April 15, 2019
- The fifth season of the annual Play of the Day betting competition between the Sun’s sports staff is now under way, effective July 1 ...
- Analysis: Breaking down UNLV football after spring practice
- Saturday, April 13, 2019
- There is still a long way to go before the 2019 football season kicks off, so the UNLV football depth chart is not finalized by any means. That will happen in training camp, when head coach Tony Sanchez has a full roster (and a full practice schedule) to ...
- Otzelberger announces assistant coaching staff for UNLV basketball
- Friday, April 12, 2019
- When T.J. Otzelberger was hired by UNLV at the end of March, he already had an idea of the kind of coaching staff he wanted to build. The 41-year-old said he wanted ...
- Julian Strawther, Noah Taitz, Caleb Grill and more UNLV recruiting updates
- Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Over the weekend T.J. Otzelberger said he expected things to start happening “soon” for UNLV hoops, and he was right — the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity, with two key Rebels re-committing and an assistant coach joining the staff ...
- Jackie Young is the No. 1 pick by Las Vegas in the WNBA draft
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- The Las Vegas Aces were in need of a dynamic perimeter player to pair with dominant young center A’ja Wilson, and they may have solved that issue via the draft ...
UNLV beat writer
Email » | 702-948-7844
Mike covered high school and college sports for The Boston Globe and ESPN.com before moving to Las Vegas in 2012 to cover UNLV athletics for RunRebs.com. Mike is a Massachusetts native, a graduate of Northeastern University and a fan of all Boston sports teams (though he’s not as obnoxious about it as you’d imagine).
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2019, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074