- Women entrepreneurs staying ahead of the curve
- Sunday, June 15, 2014
- Women-owned businesses have fared well nationally during the past six years. We catch up with three local entrepreneurs whose successful ventures have encouraged them to expand their businesses and help other women break into the business world.
- Innovation at work: Local companies come up with unique ways to attract workers
- Sunday, May 4, 2014
- These days, businesses have to get creative to attract and retain quality workers. Simple pay raises aren’t always an option, and don’t always do the trick. So many are coming up with other ways to entice employees, such as flexible work hours, the ability to work from home and rewards for doing volunteer work.
- 7 tips for making a business audit less traumatic
- Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
- The letter lands in your business mailbox. The return address shows it’s from the Internal Revenue Service. Before it’s even opened, nervousness sets in.
- Get a financial adviser to avoid small business headaches
- Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
- It’s essential to have a plan when managing your wealth, whether it be personal or corporate. Luckily, the Las Vegas Valley is home to a plethora of financial executives ready to help. From tax attorneys and CPAs to wealth advisers and loan specialists, experts can help people and businesses figure out solutions to their financial quandaries.
- Entrepreneur finds success in other people's messes
- Monday, Sept. 23, 2013
- When Pamela Washington first arrived to Las Vegas, she ran a one-woman show. She was chief executive officer, sales manager, bookkeeper, receptionist and janitor for her cleaning startup, A-1 Janitorial.
Today, the company is a local industry leader, with close to 50 employees and strong profits.
- Meet the female and minority business leaders who are making a difference
- Monday, June 3, 2013
- Through a combination of a boldness and caution, Theresa Fette has crafted one of Southern Nevada’s numerous success stories by women and minority business owners and executives. Two years after moving to Las Vegas as a partner in the tax law firm of Fette, Helquist and Park, she and her business partner Jason Helquist seized an opportunity to acquire Provident Trust Group, a company that focuses on tax and trust services and asset custody. “The timing of that whole thing was just right,” Fette said. “It had some problems at the time and basically just needed new leadership and some new ideas.”
- Money isn't everything: The right benefits can help change a company's culture
- Monday, May 27, 2013
- In a small sampling of Las Vegas companies, some extraordinary employee benefits quickly become apparent. Those range from pet insurance, the ability to purchase major household appliances interest-free through payroll deduction, Weight Watchers and smoking cessation programs, and even an on-site lactation room for new mothers who are breastfeeding.
- The Las Vegas Valley's money people
- Monday, Feb. 25, 2013
- There are many faces in the finance world. There are the bank and credit union officials who hold onto money and try to make it grow and the wealth managers and financial planners who invest money and advise how best to spend it.
- A look at the top certified public accountants in the Las Vegas Valley
- Monday, Feb. 11, 2013
- When it comes to crunching numbers for your business, there are plenty of certified public accountants in Southern Nevada to lend you a hand. CPAs provide a variety of accounting services to both businesses and individuals. They can help make sure your taxes are filed properly, handle your financial records and prepare your financial reports. Many serve as consultants to nonprofit groups, government agencies and corporations.
- Minimizing tax pain: These lawyers work to save you money and migraines
- Monday, Feb. 4, 2013
- A well-trained tax attorney can keep you or your company on firm legal ground, prevent an IRS audit, and perhaps most importantly, save you money. Tax attorneys perform two main functions, whether their client is an individual, small business or multimillion-dollar corporation. Simply put, they prevent problems and minimize obligations.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074