Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012 | 10:43 a.m.
A fire caused by a cigarette at a condominium complex was quickly controlled as five occupants safely escaped danger Sunday morning, officials said.
Around 6:12 a.m., firefighters arrived at a building containing three condominiums at 4827 Longside Drive near Tropicana Avenue and Boulder Highway, Clark County fire officials said.
Firefighters saw smoke and entered the building, waking five adults in one of the condominiums and escorting them out. The building otherwise was unoccupied, and there were no injuries.
The occupied condominium took the majority of the estimated $40,000 in losses, and a second was slightly damaged.