Las Vegas Sun reporter
Blog Post Archive
- Have some magic with your drink
- Sunday, Feb. 28, 2010
- Little-known fact: Card tricks make wonderful chasers.
- Searchlight covers Lady Gaga
- Friday, Jan. 29, 2010
- Local band wants your ugly. They want your disease. They want you to check out their new cover of "Bad Romance."
- Naughty chefs and armpit hair: Our favorite "Top Chef" moments
- Friday, Dec. 11, 2009
- Top Chef Episode 12: On keeping it simple
- Friday, Nov. 20, 2009
- Keep it simple, stupid. Often shortened to the acronym KISS, this half-insult, half-sound advice effectively sums up the road to success used in this week's episode of "Top Chef: Las Vegas." It's a bit ironic, really, because none of this season's prior challenges tested the chef'testants' culinary skills (and nerves) quite like the Bocuse d'Or.
- Trick or Tweet: Caesars offers Halloween treats for guests
- Monday, Oct. 12, 2009
- Caesars Palace offers up some trick-or-treat goodies with an online interactive promotional package during the weekend of Oct. 30-31.
- County offers swimmers a holiday freebie
- Friday, July 4, 2008
- While the Sunrise Recreation Center lacks the twisting slides, gushing fountains and play areas of the county's flashier water parks, the atmosphere this Fourth of July was still one of lighthearted fun -- and all set to the tune of cannonball splashes, giggling children and the lifeguards' constant reminders to "walk, don't run."
- Gibbons proposes tax amnesty program
- Monday, May 5, 2008
- In an effort to increase state revenue in a time of budget crises, Gov. Jim Gibbons is proposing a tax amnesty program to collect millions of dollars in delinquent taxes and bring additional business into Nevada's tax system.
- Wengert students to have mock wax museum
- Tuesday, April 29, 2008
- Some of history's most famous figures will appear at Wengert Elementary School Friday May 2, thanks to a group of fifth-grade students.
- Investigation continues in motorcyclist death
- Monday, April 28, 2008
- Police are continuing their investigation into the death of a 39-year-old Henderson motorcyclist struck last week by a pickup truck at an intersection near Stephanie Street.
- Henderson mayor to be 'guest scooper' for poverty program
- Monday, April 28, 2008
- In a partnering that may seem stranger than the short-lived ice cream flavor Chocolate Orange Fudge, Ben & Jerry's is joining forces with the ONE Campaign to raise awareness over the fight against global poverty and preventable disease.