- Vegas Play of the Day: Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- In a complete reversal from earlier this week, the Jazz are now the healthier team in this series. ...
- Sports books open NFL point spreads more than four months in advance
- Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Twenty weeks are left until the first week of the 2017-18 NFL season, and bettors can already get action on all 16 games. For the fourth straight year ...
- NBA Playoffs betting: Where the odds stand in each first-round series
- Friday, April 21, 2017
- The San Antonio Spurs emerged as the most popular bet on the board last night. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Kansas City Royals at Texas Rangers
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Fourteen or fifteen games into the season is far enough to make a concentrated effort to buy low on teams that haven’t performed to their abilities. ...
- Shawn Porter sets out on boxing’s comeback trail against Andre Berto
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Porter Hy-Performance may double as one of the highest tech and highest temperature locations in all of town. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Chicago Bulls at Boston Celtics
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Calm down about the Celtics. Sure, they ended the season in a little bit of a rut. And yes, they’ve now lost three out of five games against the Bulls this season. ...
- UFC 210 breakdown, betting odds and picks
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
- From a betting odds perspective, Anthony Johnson is entering his rematch with Daniel Cormier in the same position as in their first fight. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Cleveland Indians at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Friday, April 7, 2017
- Arizona is crushing the ball right now, and though I might be on record saying it won’t last forever, I don’t think tonight is the night it comes to a halt. ...
- Analysis: Light heavyweight division needs a boost at UFC 210
- Friday, April 7, 2017
- The only three transcendent talents currently competing in mixed martial arts at the light heavyweight division will spend Saturday night within a few feet of each other. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: San Francisco Giants at Arizona Diamondbacks
- Thursday, April 6, 2017
- The Giants and the Diamondbacks are the two highest run-scoring teams in the National League. That’s not going to last. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.