- Vegas Play of the Day: Oklahoma at Kansas State
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018
- With a gauntlet of a schedule that’s seen them lose three of their last four games, the Wildcats are in a desperate position tonight going up against the Sooners. They’re lucky their return trip to Norman, Okla. isn’t until later in the season, and they get this now-crucial game at Bramlage Coliseum.
- High School Basketball Picks: Week 3
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
- It’s Big City Showdown time in Las Vegas. ...
- College football by the odds: Alabama could have its best team next season
- Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018
- With Alabama having secured its fifth national championship in the last nine years earlier this week, fans could have an animated discussion on which Crimson Tide team has been the best of coach Nick Saban’s 11-year tenure. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals
- Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- No one wants to touch the Hurricanes right now, and no one wants to fade the Capitals right now. That’s created value on the visitors. ...
- NFL Playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of the divisional round
- Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
- One of the most popular topics of conversations in sports books in the days ahead of this year’s opening-round games seemed to be last year’s opening-round games. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Miami Heat at Toronto Raptors
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018
- The Heat have gotten healthier, and therefore, the Heat have gotten better. They’ve won their last four outright and look to be in a good position to add another tonight in Toronto. ...
- High School Basketball Picks: Entry 2
- Monday, Jan. 8, 2018
- It’s time for local high school basketball teams to reacquaint themselves. ...
- National championship by the odds: Vegas preview of Alabama vs. Georgia
- Monday, Jan. 8, 2018
- A favorite has yet to cover in the College Football Playoff national championship game. Underdogs are 3-0 against the spread since the system was implemented. ...
- College Football Betting Awards: Honoring sports books’ best teams this season
- Saturday, Jan. 6, 2018
- With one game left to go this year — Monday’s national championship between Alabama and Georgia — let’s look back on the season in sports books. For the third consecutive year, we’re recognizing teams for outstanding performances in six gambling categories ...
- NFL Playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of the wild-card round
- Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018
- Half of the field in the NFL Playoffs is a surprise based on preseason expectations. A quarter of the field is borderline miraculous. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.