- Las Vegas' Devin Short is living his dream on rugby pitch
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
- Devin Short was one of 90 athletes in four sports invited to the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, last July—and ultimately he became the lone male rugby player selected to train with the national team.
- New-look Bishop Gorman seeks seventh straight title ‘to keep the legacy going’
- Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- Shabazz Muhammad. Stephen Zimmerman. Zach Collins. Those are just a few of the legendary names — the NBA Draft contingent — that have contributed to the Bishop Gorman basketball team’s current streak of six straight state championships. ...
- High School Basketball Picks: State Tournament
- Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- The four local boys high school basketball teams still in action head to Reno this week with a clear mission. ...
- Bishop Gorman rises to the occasion, eliminates Clark to reach state
- Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018
- They say shooting is the first thing to go when a team is shaken.
Bishop Gorman must not have been the least bit shaken despite a near-capacity crowd and overwhelming hype Saturday night at Legacy High for the Sunset Regional championship game against Clark. ...
- Winner takes all in next matchup between basketball rivals Bishop Gorman, Clark
- Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
- One half of the most anticipated high school basketball game of the year locked in without incident in the Sunset Region semifinals Thursday night at Legacy High. ...
- Golden Knights get back to what they do best in win over Blackhawks
- Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
- Golden Knights’ fans rose from their seats as Alex Tuch cut behind the net for a potential wraparound goal near the end of the second period against the Blackhawks Tuesday night at T-Mobile Arena. ...
- Golden Knights continue to control home ice with win over Blackhawks
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018
- Make it another milestone for the Vegas Golden Knights. The best expansion franchise in NHL history became the first Pacific Division team this season to reach 20 home victories with a 5-2 win over the Chicago Blackhawks Tuesday night at T-Mobile Arena. ...
- High School Basketball Picks: Regional Playoffs
- Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
- It’s the two weeks we’ve all been waiting for, the two weeks that will determine the local high school basketball season. ...
- UFC 221 breakdown, betting odds and picks
- Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018
- The UFC stages a pay-per-view nearly 10,000 miles away from its local home base tonight in Perth, Australia. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues
- Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018
- It’s fairly obvious which NHL team has proven the most profitable bet in the league this season — the Golden Knights, of course. But the Avalanche are a close second. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.