- Vegas Play of the Day: Toronto Raptors at Washington Wizards
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- The Raptors and Wizards played each other to a stalemate in the regular season, with each winning two of four games and the scoring margin falling only two points in Toronto’s favor. ...
- 5 reasons to catch the Las Vegas 51s this season
- Thursday, April 19, 2018
- With three new local professional teams beginning play within a year—the NHL’s Golden Knights, the USL’s Lights and the WNBA’s Aces—locals are loaded with options for live sporting events. That doesn’t mean they should forget about the veteran franchise.
- Vegas Play of the Day: Winnipeg Jets at Minnesota Wild
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- The Jets had an off-night in their first road game of the postseason, getting pasted 6-2 in Minnesota on Sunday. ...
- Chaparral High grad Will Hernandez has come a long way to reach NFL Draft
- Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Block the players rushing down the field from the opposite side.
The coach’s instructions to Will Hernandez on his role on the kickoff return team in his first football practice as a freshman at Chaparral High sounded easy enough — except they weren’t. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Miami Heat at Philadelphia 76ers
- Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Bettors make the mistake of putting too much stock into the end of the regular season every year going into the NBA Playoffs. ....
- How one lesson changed the way I saw polo
- Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Fewer than 100 people nationwide are certified as official United States Polo Association instructors. After more than two decades of work in the field, Ismael Molina joined that elite group earlier this year.
- Golden Knights’ Game 1 win shows they can hold up in the playoffs
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Those who spent the season saying the Golden Knights weren’t built for the playoffs can trudge barefoot uphill through miles of snow back into their caves and spare everyone ...
- Betting facts on the Golden Knights’ historic regular season and impending playoff run
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Jason McCormick attended about half of the Golden Knights’ home games this year, getting lost in the atmosphere of T-Mobile Arena as a fan. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Los Angeles Angels at Texas Rangers
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- The Angels have started the season 8-3, and are being discussed as one of the best teams in baseball. ...
- UFC 223 breakdown, betting odds and picks
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Never has a fight week experienced as much upheaval as what’s transpired in Brooklyn, N.Y. over the last several days. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.