- Countdown to college football: Picking every SEC team's win total
- Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019
- Not since the 1990s has the preseason SEC championship picture been confined to such a two-team race. Not according to the betting market, anyway. Future odds paint college football’s most decorated league as primarily a competition between Alabama and Georgia ...
- Looking back on 15 notable Psycho Las Vegas 2019 performances
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Electric Wizard, Beach House, Opeth and more.
- Vegas Play of the Day: New York Yankees at Oakland A's
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019
- The sixth season of the annual Play of the Day betting competition between the Sun's sports staff is now underway, effective July 1. ...
- High School Football Picks: Week 1
- Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
- New season, new picks competition. ...
- Countdown to college football: Picking every AAC team's win total
- Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019
- The last time Central Florida lost an American Athletic Conference game, Lamar Jackson was in the middle of a dominant Heisman Trophy season. ...
- Psycho Las Vegas brings the noise to Mandalay Bay
- Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019
- After three years at the Hard Rock Hotel, the event—built loosely around heavy, psychedelic and metallic music—makes the move to Las Vegas Boulevard, becoming the first major music festival to inhabit a single Strip resort.
- Countdown to college football: Picking every Sun Belt team's win total
- Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019
- Oddsmakers see four of the Group of Five college football conferences as relatively open this season. The Sun Belt is the exception. ...
- Futures focus: Six of college football's most tempting preseason bets
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019
- Time is running out to get action down on arguably the best way to bet college football.
- Countdown to college football: Picking every Conference USA team's win total
- Saturday, Aug. 3, 2019
- Conference USA has been the toughest championship race to predict over the last two years in college football. That’s not changing this season. ...
- A primer on touring metal giant Gojira
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2019
- They're pretty much the biggest metal band to come out of France.
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.