- NFL Playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of conference championships
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019
- Regardless of what happens in Sunday’s conference championship games, this year’s Super Bowl is set up to be one of the most evenly matched of all-time. ...
- Vegas Golden Podcast: Talking Schmidt, Pirri and Pacific Division rivals
- Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019
- The Las Vegas Sun’s newest podcast covers everything regarding the city’s most popular team — the Vegas Golden Knights. The first episode is now available with a preview ...
- High School Basketball Picks: Week 4
- Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019
- It’s Big City Showdown week. ...
- Construction begins on Raiders' headquarters in Henderson
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2019
- They’ll be known as the Las Vegas Raiders on the field but based on the incoming NFL team’s latest local event, the Henderson Raiders in spirit. The Raiders officially planted roots Monday afternoon in a ceremonial groundbreaking of their new headquarters ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams
- Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019
- The fifth season of the annual Play of the Day betting competition between the Sun's sports staff is now under way, effective July 1. ...
- Analysis: Golden Knights’ streaks end but not before transforming season
- Friday, Jan. 11, 2019
- The Golden Knights sat or stood frozen along their bench in the seconds after their 3-2 loss to the San Jose Sharks Thursday night at T-Mobile Arena, as if they didn’t know how to respond. ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: Boston Celtics at Miami Heat
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019
- The Celtics have looked like the NBA Finals contender everyone expected at the beginning of the year over the last week, blowing out four straight opponents. ....
- NFL Playoffs by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of the divisional round
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019
- In the category of inflicting the worst NFL beat of the season, Todd Gurley now has company. ...
- College football by the odds: No end in sight to Clemson, Alabama reigns
- Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019
- Fatigue has set in for college football fans as it pertains to Clemson and Alabama with the two programs having claimed four straight College Football Playoff national championships ...
- High School Basketball Picks: Week 3
- Monday, Jan. 7, 2019
- Winter break is over, which means it's time to get into back into basketball season. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.