- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of the Sweet 16
- Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Fifteen games are left this college basketball season until a national champion is crowned.
Eight of them come over the next two days. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: 16 things to know before betting the Sweet 16
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- What the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament in Las Vegas lacks in excitement compared to the first, it makes up for in convenience. ...
- UCLA serves as biggest threat to sports books in the NCAA Tournament
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- No one loved how a glut of teams emerged as contenders in college basketball this season more than local bookmakers. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of Sunday's games
- Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Programs like Kentucky, Michigan State, Connecticut and Butler are entrenched as teams bettors look to back every year in the NCAA Tournament.
It’s time to add Xavier to the list. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of today's games
- Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Salutes are in order for USC. Without the Trojans, it might not really feel like March Madness yet. No. 11 seed USC notched practically the only real upset of ...
- Vegas Play of the Day: South Carolina vs. Marquette
- Friday, March 17, 2017
- Marquette is the more attractive team in this matchup. But anyone who follows college basketball knows that the more exciting team doesn’t always win. ...
- Villanova looks to become the NCAA Tourney’s first repeat champ in a decade
- Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Could this be the year when college basketball returns to its traditional oligarchic state?
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of the West Region
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Northwestern’s bracket-mates must have watched on as the Wildcats partook in a celebration 77 years in the making on selection Sunday with either a sense of envy or inspiration. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of the Midwest Region
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Those who subscribe to the theory of backing the contender that’s playing the best in any given bracket to reach the Final Four must have spun their heads like they were in “The Exorcist” upon seeing the Midwest Region. ...
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and perspective of the South Region
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Members of the NCAA Tournament selection committee should expect to receive the mother of all gift baskets from the Memphis Convention & Visitors Bureau.
There was no bigger winner than the South’s river city on selection Sunday. ...
- Vegas-style college football preview: Pac-12 at the sports book
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013
- When the Pac-10 extended hastily accepted invitations to Utah and Colorado for the 2011 college football season, many hailed it as the dawning of the age of “super conferences.”
- Vegas-style college football preview: Mountain West at the sports books
- Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The never-ending footrace between Boise State and bookmakers may feature a new leader for the first time in nearly two decades.
The popular narrative of non-BCS conference Boise State baffling the country with its run of sustained success once rang truest in Las Vegas.
- Photos: WSOP November Nine Final Table set with J.C. Tran leading
- Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The group that played their way into the last session of poker’s $10,000 buy-in world championship early today at The Rio includes two former bracelet ...
- Sports books favor Heat to win next year's NBA title but Clippers moving up
- Monday, June 24, 2013
- The Miami Heat’s championship parade drew to a close Monday in a fashion typical for these types of celebrations — with talk of next season.
The back-to-back NBA champions fielded questions about potentially pulling off the first three-peat in more than a decade next season. Las Vegas has answers, or at least valuable insight into the likelihood of it happening.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports book facts and figures on Heat comeback, Game 7
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- The dramatic finish in Game 6 of the NBA Finals caused at least three different groups of people spread throughout the country in separate time zones to look foolish.
There were, of course, the much-ridiculed Miami fans who fled the American Airlines Arena exits early before their Heat sparked to win 103-100 in overtime. San Antonio supporters who flooded the Riverwalk anticipating a celebration before their Spurs dulled took their barbs, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Heat victory tonight could mean big business to sports books
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Tonight marks the closest equivalent to Groundhog Day for local sports books. If the Miami Heat win to extend the NBA Finals to a Game 7, brightness in the form of money gets one last hurrah. Dim the lights around betting windows, though, if they lose.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Sports books took hit on Heat; zig-zag calls for Spurs tonight
- Sunday, June 16, 2013
- Sports book directors may have flopped to the floor harder than Chris Bosh as game four of the NBA Finals wound down.
Unlike the minor contact Tim Duncan made with Bosh, the Miami Heat actually inflicted pain on bookmakers. They cost Las Vegas books far more than the $5,000 the NBA fined Bosh for his embellishment, too.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs a small favorite over Heat in series and Game 4
- Thursday, June 13, 2013
- Don’t make the same mistake some analysts made Tuesday night. Don’t pen the Miami Heat’s eulogy yet.
Despite an embarrassing 113-77 loss to San Antonio in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, Miami is a victory Thursday night away from regaining its status as the favorite in the series, according to Las Vegas odds.
- NBA Finals in Vegas: What the odds say about home court format for Heat, Spurs
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- LeBron James has experienced both the supposed greatest benefit and biggest drawback to the NBA Finals’ 2-3-2 home court format over the past couple of years.
The Heat are now minus-175 (risking $1.75 to win $1) to win the series with the Spurs coming back at plus-155 (risking $1 to win $1.55).
- NBA Finals in Vegas: Spurs now favored in series but history on Heat's side in game two
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- Fans in San Antonio might as well crank Rihanna’s breakthrough single “Umbrella” and dust off those black and silver Robert Horry jerseys.
They should party like it’s June 2007, and not just because their Spurs are back in the NBA Finals for the first time since suppressing this very King (James) six years ago.