- When the living’s not so easy, the giving’s not so easy either
- Monday, Aug. 18, 2008
- In 2005, Las Vegas was a boomtown for more than just real estate and gaming.
- At ground zero of a national housing crisis
- Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2008
- Buddy Yates sits at a dining room table awash in paperwork. The bills, late notices and letters represent his nearly yearlong quest to keep his family in the three-bedroom North Las Vegas tract home he bought two years ago.
- Group is there when youths go homeless
- Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2008
- The goal for the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth is to end homelessness, but in the short term, it addresses the day-to-day needs of street kids and offers a community of peers and adults who know life on the streets.
- Echelon delay changes prospects for workers
- Saturday, Aug. 2, 2008
- Ironworker Jerry Ciciliano had been on the job for a couple of hours Friday morning when he discovered that he’d be out of a job. “It’s hard to believe they’d go that far (with the project) and then quit,” Ciciliano said.
- If they want money to fight foreclosure, it may be scam
- Friday, July 18, 2008
- Jeffery Brown offered a lifeline to homeowners swamped by the rising tide of foreclosures.
- Trickle-down effect turns upside down
- Thursday, July 3, 2008
- Attorney Shawn Christopher saw the economy turn about 18 months ago when his clients stopped asking how to manage piles of money and began seeking help with mountains of debt.
- Home, but for how long?
- Friday, June 27, 2008
- The federal court docket for today shows that one Steven Grimm is scheduled to answer additional federal charges in connection with alleged mortgage fraud. If convicted, he could face life in prison.
- Locally owned and independent since 1950; Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service, best news website in the nation & DuPont Award for broadcast journalism
© Las Vegas Sun, 2017, All Rights Reserved
Las Vegas Sun 2275 Corporate Circle, Ste. 300 Henderson, NV 89074