- Police seek suspect in fatal stabbing in parking lot
- Monday, June 18, 2018
- A man was stabbed to death late Sunday after what appeared to be an argument in a parking lot near Maryland Parkway and Sahara Avenue, according to Metro Police.
The stabbing, which was captured on ...
- Sun’s tribute book on Golden Knights on sale now
- Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- It has been such a great experience covering the Vegas Golden Knights for our readers and watching the Southern Nevada community come together to celebrate the ...
- Man gets 2 years in skimming, credit card info theft case
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- A Las Vegas man who used gas pump skimming devices to steal people’s credit and debit card information was sentenced today to two years in federal prison, U.S. Attorney Dayle Elieson of the ...
- Police: Motorist killed when truck runs red light
- Monday, June 11, 2018
- A 59-year-old motorist was killed this morning when another vehicle ran a red light and collided with the pickup truck he was driving in ...
- Real Talk provides programming to keep youth out of jail
- Friday, June 8, 2018
- Meet Real Talk Youth Impact Program Inc., which provides at-risk youths with free proactive and reactive programming, meetings and the opportunity for positive change.
- Motorcyclist, 34, killed in crash with pickup truck
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018
- A motorcyclist was killed Monday night in the east valley when he slammed into the back of a pickup truck stopped at a stop sign, according to Metro Police. The crash happened ...
- Bike bonanza: Massive Mecum motorcycle auction gets underway
- Friday, June 1, 2018
- After expanding its presence in Las Vegas in 2017, Mecum Auctions is back today with a motorcycle auction featuring about 600 bikes ...
- So, where you gonna watch the Stanley Cup Final?
- Friday, June 1, 2018
- When the Knights are in town, the ticket is no longer so easy to come by, but fans crowd into Toshiba Plaza to watch the big screen and be near the action.
- Pedestrian hit, killed while crossing Decatur Boulevard
- Thursday, May 31, 2018
- A 28-year-old man from Reno was killed Wednesday night when he was hit by a car while trying to cross a street in the northwest valley, according to Metro Police. The man was crossing Decatur Boulevard, north of ...
- Man, 20, killed after crashing into parked truck
- Thursday, May 31, 2018
- A 20-year-old Las Vegas man was killed late Wednesday when the car he was driving ran off the road and hit a parked semitruck, according to Metro Police. The man was driving west on ...
- Newseum chronicles Elvis' meteoric rise
- Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- People in the news quiz
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2009
- Can you name these eight people who were in the Las Vegas Sun this week?
- Fake field goal sets up Green Valley win
- Friday, Aug. 28, 2009
- Green Valley beat Centennial 10-7 tonight.
- ESPN 1100 hosts Radiothon to benefit cancer wellness center
- Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Longtime boxing analyst Al Bernstein and ESPN Radio 1100, supported by a score of UFC personalities, will again be hosting “The Longest Radio Show Ever” next weekend to benefit The Caring Place — a non-profit facility that provides free services to support the mind, body and spirit of individuals touched by cancer.
- 51s drop another
- Sunday, May 3, 2009
The slide continued for the 51s on Sunday. Despite taking a two-run lead in the fourth inning, Las Vegas gave up four runs in the seventh to suffer their third straight setback, a 4-2 defeat to the Salt Lake Bees at Cashman Field.
- MGM Mirage halts stock trading
- Wednesday, April 29, 2009
- Pending an important news announcement, MGM Mirage closed stock trading at 12:11 p.m. today.
- UNLV's golf team wins Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship
- Sunday, March 15, 2009
The UNLV men's golf team erased a 12-shot deficit in the final round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship on Sunday and held off Oklahoma State by a single stroke to win its own tourney for the second straight year with a 54-hole total of 9-under par 855.
- Former Sen. Heck to run for governor
- Friday, March 13, 2009
- Sun columnist Jon Ralston is reporting that former state Sen. Joe Heck will enter the race for governor.
- NHL awards ceremony coming to the Palms
- Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009
- Hot-handed Allen, Malott reach PBA TOC finals
- Friday, Jan. 23, 2009
Wes Malott kept his hot streak going Friday, jumping into the lead of the Professional Bowlers Association’s H&R Block Tournament of Champions at Red Rock Lanes in the afternoon.
But by the end of the night, the five-time PBA Tour titlist — fresh off his Bayer Earl Anthony Medford Classic title last weekend in Medford, Ore. — needed every ounce of that luck to survive and advance into Sunday’s ESPN televised (9:30 a.m. PT) stepladder finals.