- Guns & money: How all members of Congress are affected by the NRA's spending
- Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
- As the list of mass killings in the United States grows, so does the flow of money to members of Congress from the National Rifle Association and gun-rights groups. Between 1998 and 2017, the NRA spent $203.2 million to prop up its candidates and defeat gun control ...
- Man injured in two-car crash dies at hospital
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
- A man critically injured in a two-car crash last week in the northwest valley has died at University Medical Center, according to Metro police. Police said ...
- Another year, more shootings: An overview of gun violence in the U.S.
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
- Four months removed from the worst mass shooting in modern American history — which struck Las Vegas on Oct. 1 — Parkland, Florida, is reeling ...
- Brush fire at Wetlands Park sends up large plume of smoke
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- A brush fire at the Clark County Wetlands Park this afternoon created a large column of smoke visible across the east valley, according to fire officials. The Clark County Fire Department began ...
- Arrest warrant issued in shootings of homeless men
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018
- Metro Police say they have issued an arrest warrant for a suspect in the shootings of two homeless men who were killed and two other men who were wounded.
Police identified the ...
- Woman sought in armed robbery at Las Vegas casino
- Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- A woman robbed a South Point casino cage Monday night and escaped in a waiting car. Police say the woman approached the cage about 7:30 p.m., displayed a gun and ...
- Man arrested in fatal shooting in North Las Vegas
- Friday, Feb. 16, 2018
- A suspect has been arrested in the fatal shooting of a man Wednesday following an argument in North Las Vegas, police said. Michael Cooley Sr., 55, was taken into custody about ...
- Man hits $1.23 million jackpot at downtown Las Vegas casino
- Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018
- A Wisconsin man’s $2 bet turned into a $1.23 million payday when he hit a Wheel of Fortune jackpot Sunday at the Fremont Hotel and Casino in downtown Las Vegas. The man, whose name was ...
- Are U.S. college campuses free speech zones? Experts talk it out at UNLV
- Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
- When administrators at the University of California-Irvine set out to update the school’s policies on how to handle appearances by divisive or unpopular speakers on campus, they set a goal of completing their work in three months. That was 10 months ago ...
- Henderson Police searching for suspect in bank robbery
- Monday, Feb. 12, 2018
- Henderson Police are trying to identify a suspect in the Feb. 4 robbery of a U.S. Bank branch at 2511 Anthem Village Drive. A man entered the bank about ...
- Newseum chronicles Elvis' meteoric rise
- Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- People in the news quiz
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2009
- Can you name these eight people who were in the Las Vegas Sun this week?
- Fake field goal sets up Green Valley win
- Friday, Aug. 28, 2009
- Green Valley beat Centennial 10-7 tonight.
- ESPN 1100 hosts Radiothon to benefit cancer wellness center
- Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Longtime boxing analyst Al Bernstein and ESPN Radio 1100, supported by a score of UFC personalities, will again be hosting “The Longest Radio Show Ever” next weekend to benefit The Caring Place — a non-profit facility that provides free services to support the mind, body and spirit of individuals touched by cancer.
- 51s drop another
- Sunday, May 3, 2009
The slide continued for the 51s on Sunday. Despite taking a two-run lead in the fourth inning, Las Vegas gave up four runs in the seventh to suffer their third straight setback, a 4-2 defeat to the Salt Lake Bees at Cashman Field.
- MGM Mirage halts stock trading
- Wednesday, April 29, 2009
- Pending an important news announcement, MGM Mirage closed stock trading at 12:11 p.m. today.
- UNLV's golf team wins Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship
- Sunday, March 15, 2009
The UNLV men's golf team erased a 12-shot deficit in the final round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate Championship on Sunday and held off Oklahoma State by a single stroke to win its own tourney for the second straight year with a 54-hole total of 9-under par 855.
- Former Sen. Heck to run for governor
- Friday, March 13, 2009
- Sun columnist Jon Ralston is reporting that former state Sen. Joe Heck will enter the race for governor.
- NHL awards ceremony coming to the Palms
- Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009
- Hot-handed Allen, Malott reach PBA TOC finals
- Friday, Jan. 23, 2009
Wes Malott kept his hot streak going Friday, jumping into the lead of the Professional Bowlers Association’s H&R Block Tournament of Champions at Red Rock Lanes in the afternoon.
But by the end of the night, the five-time PBA Tour titlist — fresh off his Bayer Earl Anthony Medford Classic title last weekend in Medford, Ore. — needed every ounce of that luck to survive and advance into Sunday’s ESPN televised (9:30 a.m. PT) stepladder finals.