Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Final cost of Raiders stadium in Las Vegas pegged at $1.8 billion
- Analysis: An early UNLV basketball roster projection for 2018-19
- California housing problems are spilling into Nevada
- NCAA Tournament by the odds: Vegas picks and preview of the Sweet 16
- Huntridge Shopping Center gets a face-lift and new businesses