Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Police: Man in pig mask said he was forced into heist at Bellagio
- Get your tickets: Raiders launch site to accept deposit money for Las Vegas games
- Raiders’ Del Rio says Las Vegas fans fired up, Oakland diehards will be there
- Billionaire Carl Icahn dragged into L.V. gambler’s insider trading trial
- Mandalay Bay Beach enhances the outdoor concert experience