Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Employee shot by security guard during attempted robbery at Henderson jewelry store
- Wind, rain causing problems throughout the valley, continuing through Monday afternoon
- Patriots favored by a field goal over Falcons in Super Bowl 51
- Current, former major leaguers die in Dominican crashes
- Vegas Play of the Day: Steelers at Patriots