Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- More than 400,000 attended the Electric Daisy Carnival this year
- Stanley Cup Final schedule released: Golden Knights to open series May 28
- Police find shooting victim in crashed SUV near West Tropicana
- Which team should Golden Knights fans root for in Game 7 of Eastern Conference Final?
- Police: 15-year-old girl struck in crosswalk by hit-and-run driver