Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Wife questioned after man shot dead in domestic dispute
- Thunderstorm leaves 24,000 residents without power
- Planet 13 aims to open largest dispensary in Nevada
- Official: Trump’s tariffs on imported steel won’t change price of Las Vegas stadium
- Nevada tightens election security in years after the targeting of Democratic data