Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- Golden Knights stunned after controversial call helps end season
- Sting poised to headline at Caesars Palace in 2020
- Man or cyborg? ‘Jeopardy!’ champ from Las Vegas passes $1 million mark
- Handful of U.S. states is on the verge of legalizing sports wagering
- Planet 13’s dispensary expansion project set for completion this year