Las Vegas was first settled for its springs, springs that made it an oasis in the desert. Although those springs have decades since run dry, water is still the most import resource to Las Vegas and the dry Southwest. And by all indications the region is only going to get dryer.
Photo by Sam Morris / Las Vegas Sun
Collected coverage on a full range of topics, compiled regularly by Sun editors.
- General Election 2008
- Primary Election 2008
- 2008 Monte Carlo fire
- Rebels Down Under
- 2008 Caucus recap
- "21" the movie
- State breaks ground on $73 million Centennial Bowl interchange project
- Nick Blair explodes for 26 points as Rebels sweep New Mexico
- Police find body in house after officer-involved shooting
- Blog: Hot-shooting Rebels knock out New Mexico, 74-58
- Desert Pines’ Jamel Brown turns second chance into treasured college scholarship